I must be extra emotional this week because when my baby girl walked up the stairs this morning I began to laugh and cry AT THE SAME TIME. Her short, chubby,scrumptious little legs stepped up each stair like she was an old pro.
My heart has always been tender (I cry at commercials and cartoons), but when you see your children learning and growing before your eyes it's hard not to be affected. I, like most Mom's, get frustrated at the 3:30 wake up, or constant crumb pick-up but isn't it worth it? My Little Lillian reminds me that it is, and to take One Step at a Time.
Take joy in every alarm, every crumb, every smile and giggle because tomorrow she'll be laughing and crying at her own baby.
How sweet you are. I especially like the very last sentence because it is so true. It was just yesterday when Paul was a baby and now he has babies of his own. I love you so very much. Mum
ReplyDeleteSo true...go LILLIAN!!!
ReplyDelete